Land of Grennendia RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Land of Grennendia RP

Fantasy Clash Held Hob

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doctor who discussion

Go down 
+4
GM HiHeiwa
unit111
Photon_Genesis
ZigZagas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

Doctor who discussion Empty
PostSubject: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 am

Favourite episodes, faveourite characters, upcoming episode discussion-whatever.
Favourite character- The MASTER!!
Favourite actor- David tennant, followed by john simm.
Favourite episode- the Master trilogy was awesome, don't which of them was the best.
Back to top Go down
Photon_Genesis
Platinum RPer
Photon_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:21 am

Sorry, but Sometimes I cannot help thinking what went on onside the Developers heads. I mean, look at this.

Doctor who discussion 411KRPSTV2L._SL500_AA280_

Erm...HOW could it Pilot a Spacecraft with those fingers?!
Back to top Go down
unit111
Original Member
unit111

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 am

There technology would have been adapted by them so they could use it. It would be vastly different probably to the way us humans would make a control panel probably
Back to top Go down
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
GM HiHeiwa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 am

Well,it doesn't necasserily have to use it's fingers.They have the ability to compress their bodies,give creatures intelligence and go into cryostasis.I would assume they can pilot it without their fingers,or the controls are made for their fingers.
Plus,they can just input a course for the ship to travel while they sleep.
Back to top Go down
https://logrp.rpg-board.net
Photon_Genesis
Platinum RPer
Photon_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:37 am

And..they were No real Clothes? Not very sensible if you're landing on an Ice-Cold Planet.

...And those Teeth. A totally Carnivore becoming Sapient? Not very convincing, unless the planet was truly abundant in Herbivores. And how did those things craft tools, spears and the like? Or even hold them, for that matter?!
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 am

Thats the same question as the piloting spacecraft one. The technology they use is made for them, and wouldn't necessarily look anything like what a human would make, since human technology is based of opposable thumbs.

To be honest, look at spore. It's the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Photon_Genesis
Platinum RPer
Photon_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:00 pm

*Sigh*

Right..So, lets say the Spears they use have 3 Holes in them for their fingers. Now, how did they get those holes in them in the first Place? Using their Claws? Okay, lets go with that.

The newly formed Tribe of Slatheen go out hunting. They kill a large, cow-like creature. Hmmm...Nows the task of eating it...Act like Animals? Okay...

The Slatheen eat the cow with their Fingers and Mouths.

At night, it's cold. So, the Slatheen cut down a tree to make a fire with their Special Axes. They have to place the Twigs on the fire using their mouths, since their hands are too useless.

Lets look at other problems...

@ Cooking
@ Beauty and Makeup (Not essential)
@ Putting on clothes
@ Weaving
@ Building
@ Crafting
@ Using a wide array of tools
@ Running

...Just a few of the Many problems.

AND...They look like a Baby Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
Bandon V. Lucifer

Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm

OMG, I cannot believe that you two are having an argument over a creature that does not exist.
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 pm

They don't necessarily need any of those. And they can run easily, they do so in two of the episodes. They can also like heiwa said compress their bodies into another form, including humans.
Back to top Go down
Photon_Genesis
Platinum RPer
Photon_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:14 pm

*FACEPALM*

Ziggy, there not real, Y'KNOW?!?!
Back to top Go down
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
Bandon V. Lucifer

Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Meh, you was the one who started it Galox. Also, Zig do you live in Glascow? I bet I spelt it wrong...
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Lol. I know they aren't real, still not a reason not to argue about it.
No, i don't live in glasgow. But i wouldn't reveal where i lived over the internet, so how do you know I'm telling the truth?
Back to top Go down
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
Bandon V. Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Meh, just took a guess. I was a bit bored. Allwell, I don't think much of Dr. Who. I find them just a little... Meh.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
Aaron-auxacto

Location : In a bubble, underneath the ocean - I name it Shirredgi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 pm

hmm new Dr Who episode coming soon 'The waters of mars', looks good, hopefully this series they can get rid of the kiddyish act and themes they had since david tennant

oh and btw, the Slytheen or w.e. prob had nothing like cows, they prob had visciouse animals to hunt or large animals, hence why they are quite big and have nasty claws and teeth, but i do think they would be a bit more intilectual looking than animal looking.

They prob had a big piece of wood with rougth curved holes for claws and just push forced the axe head (or some flint weapon) in the wood end and it stuck
Back to top Go down
http://dmcclan.forumotion.com/forum.htm
duck 464
Original Member
duck 464

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:45 pm

used to watch doctor who..got boring.
The master trilogy episodes were quite good though, and although quite scary (i was about 8 when I saw it) also good one with the statue angel people.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
Aaron-auxacto

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:23 pm

yeh the angel statue one was probably one of the best episodes there, and lol coincidently the Dr wasnt in it at all Razz
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:52 am

Yes he was, just less. It was definitely the scariest one i've watched.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
Aaron-auxacto

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:20 am

it was probably the scariest but i still don't think it's that scary at all
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:22 am

It has a relatively scary aftermath, but doctor who has lost the sort of scary theme. Now it's just...normal sci fi, with a couple of occaisional scary episodes.
Back to top Go down
duck 464
Original Member
duck 464

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 am

don't know what its like now...as far as I've seen them, I've only ever seen one episdoe with a tank that actaully shoots something.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
Aaron-auxacto

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:12 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!! did anyone see the christmas special today??? I know some people here would of!! The ending was epic, the Master part and the other
Back to top Go down
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
GM HiHeiwa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Yes,I did.
Zig probably did too,although I doubt he'll be coming on to discuss it.
I just cant wait for the next one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://logrp.rpg-board.net
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
Aaron-auxacto

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:36 pm

me to!
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
ZigZagas

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:45 pm

I did indeed see it, though tbh, i thought it ont that good.
Most of the actors, except for Master, Doctor and Wilfred weren't that good, the effects were kinda weird, and the story was odd and didn't explain how the Master has white hair at all...
It doesn't seem like normal Russel T Davies style...
But yes the ending was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
Aaron-auxacto

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:48 pm

yeah i agree, the effects were tooo crappy/ cheesy and was really shildish (imo anyway) but the actualy concept and idea was good but lol the spinning heads... Doctor who discussion Affraid a normal human would crack and breake it's brain like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who discussion   Doctor who discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor who discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next