Land of Grennendia RP

Fantasy Clash Held Hob
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 ~«Modern Magic»~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:08 am

"Parents aren't in, they would mind but they won't come in till much later at night, or maybe not at all, if they drink enough... Name's Yarrul."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:13 am

Butch crawled out from underneath the bench and got up. He looked at his book in amazement. Magic? How can it be real? He thought to himself. He made sure that the cops were gone and left the market. He saw a kid walking away, the cops in the opposite direction. Everything normal. He went and recieved his bike and started it up. Loud rumbling could be heard down the street making some people look to see where it is coming from. He got on and started a wheely. Loud tire screeching rang out and then he was off, down the road. He looked down the allies and saw muggers, petty gangsters and some of his men. They promptly joined and they went to look for Butches brother.
That was before another gang of bikers showed up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:14 am

Sanar nodded.
"Well, even so, we'll need some kind of base, or whatever, to figure out what we'll do. I mean, do we go on the run from the government? Do we turn ourselves in?" He shook his head.
"But in any case, If we're gonna find other casters, we will need a bird. There's a zoo not too far away, I think, that has an aviary. Perhaps I can find something suitable there." He looked at Yarrul.
"Maybe you could try and find somewhere to act as a base? I mean it depends on what we're going to do, but..."

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:16 am

"Somewhere secure... We need to find a caster that knows the city well, only then will we know where to go, I think squatting in a skyscraper with a zipwire line to another is sound but, that could just be me fantasising about adventures."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:18 am

Sanar raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, that is a little...outlandish." He stood up.
"I'm going to try and get a bird to help us then. Do you want to come, or shall I do it myself?"

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:20 am

Yallus looked around, put on a winter camo fleece, shouldered the backpack and said to Sanar. "Yeah I will come but first, you need to get changed in to something non-descript, try my wardrobe, I love non-descript clothing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:28 am

The bikers stopped when they saw their nemysis. "I thought we run you out of town?" Said the opposing leader. "Hey, F*ck you Magraw, We were here visiting family!" Butch shouted. "Oh really? Well, you made enough ruckus did'nt you?" Magraw replied. Butch nodded to his men and they pulled out their weapons. Included were crowbars, bats, chains. One even had a katana ready. "Lets have at em!" Butch shouted and the Damned wheeled off, charging at the other gang. It took them by suprise and most were knocked of their bikes within seconds. "Forget this! We aint ready! Lets move men!" Magraw shouted and they biked off, fast.
"That t*sser don't get it does he?" butch said before driving off. He started muttering to himself while riding and mentioned the first word in his book. Suddenly his chopper went black and whisps of darkness came off of it. Suddenly it had dark tendrils and spikes coming off of it. Butch was caught suprised and fell off the vehicle. Civilians got out phones and called the police. Magic was on the loose! The damned did'nt like magic and drove off without their second in command. "Oh sh*t" Was all Butch said as police cars swarmed him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:31 am

Sanar shrugged off his white waistcoat. He donned a plain brown hoodie, and changed his white tousers for grey. He pulled the hoodie up to cover his white hair, but not in a way that made him look like a gangster.
"Okay," He said. "I know where the zoo is. Let's go." He said, walking out the front door.

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 am

Yarrul followed Sanar, closing the door and locking it. He ran to catch up with Sanar and they headed for the zoo.


Last edited by unit111 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Right Behind you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 am

Heiwa watched as the police cars rushed by.More crime.He sighed and continued walking.
His eyes turned to the book in his bag.Of course,it would appear to be utter nonsense to anyone else who read it.Magic?Pah.Childrens fairy tales.Maybe that was why it was given to someone who was technically still a child...
But the book talked of others.Were any adults getting these books?Infact,was anyone else getting them?
He was distracted there by the shopping bag breaking in two and everything,the book included,falling out.Stupid cheap shopping bags.

_________________

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://logrp.forumotion.net
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 am

Sanar rounded a corner.
"Look, there it is..." He said, pointing towards it.
Lots of children and their parents were waiting in the queue, some with balloons purchased from various stalls and venders along the street.
There was no way Sanar was waiting in that monster of a queue.
He looked around.
"Hey, Yarrul. How are we going to get in? Waiting in the queue will take hours, and besides, they won't let in two unsupervised children."

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:53 am

Yarrul looked round the corner. He reached into his rucksack, pulled out the Tau Piranha Skimmer and animated it, it sat on the pavement, the crew frantically pushing buttons, wondering why it wasn't flying. "Saran, put the power of air on it to allow it to fly where it will, the we can have a fast, flying scout."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:01 am

Sanar whispered, "Vemen!" and flew the little figurine over the fence, flying it through the fence, searching for the aviary...
"Found it! The aviary is this way..." He flew the figurine back to them, then ran towards the aviary.
He ran around the side fence of the zoo, and then reached the aviary, on teh side of the zoo facing the sea. There was another small door in the fence here, used for maintenance.
He pulled on it, but it was locked.

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:05 am

Yarrul quickly de-animated the miniture piranha and crew, put it back in its box in his backpack and hurried after Saran. He reached Saran who was pulling at the door. He put his little finger to the key hole and whispered "Nerrus". He then turned his finger slowly, unlokcing the door, he pulled his finger away to reveal a key shaped peice of rock on his finger. "I used teh lock as teh mold for the key, just get the bird you need out so I can lock the door then crumble this key!" Yarrul whispered hurridly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 am

Sanar rushed inside. Then he stopped, brushed himself down, and did his best to look like a kid out for a trip.
He wandered past cages of budgies, hummingbirds, toucans. He briefly wondered about a parrot, but decided aginst it. Too obvious, too vibrantly coloured. He passed a very large enclosure with a Lammergeyer in it. What a servant that would be! He marvelled at it. But...it would no doubt be very difficult to control, and to fit into a regular sized room.
He spotted a smaller enclosure. He had a look around, and a streak of grey whoosed past the mesh of the enclosure fence. He looked at the information board.
Peregrine Falcon.
Sanar grinned. Perfect.
He walked over calmly to the branch the falcon had settled on. It had more white in its feathers then most, a lighter shade of grey then the classic pictures he'd seen. The bird singled him out from the crowd goggling at the fastest bird on the planet. It stared hard at him.
Sanar waited until the crowd got bored and dispersed, then moved much closer. the bird continued to stare.
Now what? How did he "Befriend it" as the book said?
"What do I have to do to get you on my side, falcon?" Muttered Sanar.
"Well you could bring me some food for a start."
Sanar nearly cried in shock.
"I..can talk to you?"
"Evidently." said the falcon. It's beak never moved.
"Well, do you want to get free? I can let you out, if you promise to help me find other casters..."
The falcon tilted it's head to the side. "Very well. I have to say, this place is the pits..." It fluttered it's wings a few times.
Sanar looked around surreptitiously. He could force open the mesh fence, but he'd need a distraction.

A group of tourists were gathered around the Lammergeyers enclosure, when suddenly there was a resounding boom and the fence imploded. The Lammergeyer burst out, screeching, and spooked by the boom, proceded to attack the first thing it spotted.
Sanar ran as fast as he could out, with the falcon flapping around his head. He hadn't meant for it to attack anyone. Hopefully the person wasn't too badly hurt.
He yelled to Yarrul as he went back through the door, "Quickly! Lock it and run!"

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:36 am

"We have you surrounded, punk! Give yourself up!" Blared out of a megaphone. "Give up now and we will not use lethal force!" The officer shouted at Butch. He raised his hands in the air and shouted back "What charges have you got to arrest me pig?!" "Counterfeihting money, tax evasion, assault, murder and rumors of magic!" Was all that the officer said. Butch shook his head and pretended to lay down on his chest, instead he ran. Gunshots were heard in Miami as they tried to arrest the magic user. Butch narrowly missed a 9mm round and dived through a shop's window. He ran up to the cashier and ducked under his table. He pulled out his book and started reading it.
Rounds came flying into the shop and the civilians hit the floor in fear. "Err... No, dont need that. Nope, dont need that either..." Butch said to himself while bullets got closer and closer to him. "Give it up now boy!" The officer yelled and Butch crawled to the back door. Luckily, a round shot the lock off the door, leaving it open. Butch went through the door to the back alleys...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 am

Yarrul rammed his finger into the lock, breaking the counterfeit key. Yarrul swore, turned teh stone he had made to dust and ran for it, he ran into a crowd, changed his pace and walked hurridly after Saran, muttering about being late for home to fool any listening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:56 am

Sanar stopped in front of Yarrul's house, and waited for Yarrul to unlock it. While he waited. he spoke to the falcon.
"Er..do you have a name?"
"Not really." Responded the falcon.
Sanar thought. "I'll call you Took. After Peregrine Took, from Lord of the Rings." Sanar had always liked Lord of the Rings. It had very good music.
The Falcon tilted it's head to the side, which Sanar now was coming to think of it's version of nodding. "Alright. Took sounds...good. So what do you want me to do?" Said Took.
"Well, I want you to fly over the city and look for other casters. Then bring them back here. Okay?" Took appeared to think about it.
"Yes..I think i should be able to manage that." Without another word, Took took off into the sky.

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Yarrul was panting and breathing heavily by the time he reached the house where Saran was. "You... run... too fast... for me!.." He panted as he unlocked the door, let Saran in then locked it as he went in behind him. "That... was not... good!" Yarrul said. "Close all of... the curtains... keep the lights... to a minimum... I don't think... we want to annouce the fact we are here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Right Behind you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Heiwa was on his doorstep,arms full of the groceries that had fell out of the bag,minus the eggs,and the book sticking out of his pocket.It was only now that he had realised the problem with his ingenious idea on how to carry the stuff home.He couldn't open the door.
He bent over and carefully placed the stuff on the floor,then quickly stood up,put the key into the lock and opened the door before bringing the stuff in before his mum noticed they'd been on the floor.She was very picky about stuff like that.
"Mum?Dad?I'm home."He said when he closed the door.He put the stuff on the table in the kitchen and was about to open the door of the fridge when he noticed a post-it note on it.
"Gone to visit Grandma in Texas,Uncle Jim coming over to keep an eye on you. ~Mum"
He sighed.Knowing his uncle,he'd be on his own till they got back.He began putting the things in the fridge.
Awhile later he stepped out through the back door and sat on the bench in the back garden,the book in hsi hands.With his parents out this was the perfect time to practice.
"Igamma..."He muttered,and a small ball of fire appeared in his hand,which he tossed up and down while reading the book.

_________________

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://logrp.forumotion.net
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Took, sitting on a buildings more then 200 metres away, saw the boy tossing the flame up and down. He had fantastic sight- much better then a humans pathetic excuse for vision.
He marvelled at the humans capacity for stupidity for a few minutes, then swooped down into the garden where the boy sat. It flew down next to his hand and stared at him, flapping it's wings. After a few moments of this it turned, flapped a little way, then turned back at stared at him, in the classic way of "animal trying to get human to go in certain direction".

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Right Behind you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Heiwa looked up to notice a bird pirched next to him.
"Huh?"Was all he said,before he remembered something.He pulled a small sandwich out of his pocket,the remains of one he had been eating on the way to the shop."Is this what you're after?"

_________________

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://logrp.forumotion.net
duck 464
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 834
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 19
Location : where ever I want to be...

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Dark, early everning.
Tom was walking on an unusually quiet road. The crime was high, most people didn't drive in case chavs/gangstars-such as Tom if in a bad mood-would attack them. But usually there are more cars than this, even if the crime is partically bad at this time.
He walked past some shattering glass..normal. Just some chavs doing there daily buisness. You could call Tom a chav...Hoody mostly up, baggy jeans, a reckless 12 year old gangstar. But he didn't smoke, do drugs, or even swear that often. Just often in a mood.

Tom walked past a school. His old school before he got expelled for "somehow" hurting someone with lightning. Tantrums he sometimes gets. Annoyed with life. Sad for his mother, hatful for his farther. He just abandoned him.
Tom gripped his book tighter. It's the only thing which makes him happy now. A lightning bolt on the front cover. Teaches him his...powers. What makes him so...freakish. Sometimes he thought maybe it's the book that makes him so sad.

A falcon swoops near to Tom.
"Strange. Probably some cheesy falconry show gone wrong. May as well follow it." He said to himself. And off he went. Accelerating in a blur too see a falcon in Miami.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Butch had got shot in the leg and was loosing blood. He limped out of downtown, somehow managing to escape from the cops. He gasped from the pain and sat down against a wall. He looked around and he realised something. Chav territory. He hated chavs. Butch got up and was about to limp off when he saw a quick, sudden flash run past him. "What the f*ck?!" He shouted in suprise. He looked around and saw a falcon flying. He shrugged his shoulders and limped off. His phone was dead and the Damned never ride into chav territory so he was stuck. And wounded. He walked past a vandalised house with chavs smoking crack in the front garden.

"Hey, look fellas! Look at this old blood. he looks lost. Hehe, should we help?" Said one of the chavs and Butch stopped. "Err, I dunno bruv, he looks proper feirce, look at his leg. He got shot. hey nice gangsta limp." Another said. "Listen you loud-mouth motherf*cker, I am from the Damned, so don't p*ss me off. Otherwise, I'll break yer neck!" Replied Butch. "Oh yeah? Tough words from an old brit. You don't know how to ride busta! C'mon, we'll show this guy what for. The chavs got up and advanced at Butch. He in turn pulled out his baseball bat and got ready to beat up a couple of teenagers.

The leader was the first to attack with a knife, Butch dodged it and grabbed the boy's arm. He then brought down the bat onto his head, laying him out flat. He picked up the knife and flung it at another chav, stabbing him in the chest. the other 3 chavs surrounded him and started to punch Butch. He got hit a couple of times and got very annoyed. He yelled a line from his book and dark tendrils came out of his body, impaling the chavs, killing 2 instantly and leaving the 3 badly injured. "Holy, crap... how the hell di I do that?" Butch asked himself before limping off...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Took continued to try and make Heiwa understand he wanted him to follow.
"Come on, dummy, it's quite plain, follow, ya blockhead...Follow me! FOLLOW! Agh, pointless.." He was yelling. Of course, only an Air Caster would be able to hear him, but it made him feel better.
He sqwuaked, and tried to beckon with his wing. It didn't quite work.
"AAARGH damn, my wing! Damn you evolution, and damn you humans, with your hands, and your opposable thumbs..."

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ~«Modern Magic»~   

Back to top Go down
 
~«Modern Magic»~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mythology's Impact on Modern Language
» Hanbok modern
» Kristoff Makarov-Orange
» TigerClan Territory and Information
» Espeda Of The Hidracticcion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Land of Grennendia RP :: Other RPs :: Other RPs-
Jump to: