Land of Grennendia RP

Fantasy Clash Held Hob
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Are you religious?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What religion are you?
None
78%
 78% [ 7 ]
Christian
11%
 11% [ 1 ]
Islam
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Judaism
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Taoism
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Buddhism
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
11%
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
 

AuthorMessage
Darkonor263
Forretra Mapper
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Are you religious?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:35 pm

What religion are you?

Not a debate just a poll/ discussion.

NO OFFENSIVE MATERIAL OR CRITICISM!

I don't have a religion...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
avatar

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 26
Location : In a bubble, underneath the ocean - I name it Shirredgi

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 pm

I dont have a religion and never will, because i dont need one or want one Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dmcclan.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Salvanar
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 23
Location : The Maelbolge

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 am

I have my own Animal religion, With Nature being my gods/goddesses. Monotheism of course, and it helps to show others my love of animals.

Conversion doesn't happen in my religion. If you wanna join, then join, otherwise, don't talk about it. I'm not some crazy zealot who thinks everyone must worship animals. I think you should treat animals with respect, but only I truly worship them.

and no, I'm not gonna gather hundreds of followers and make my religion official Razz

There are no human gods in my religion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:32 am

I'm atheistic....
Well, agnostic leaning towards atheistic.

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unit111
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-09-23
Location : Somewhere around Deep Space

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:21 am

agnostics and skeptics are mad according to Anders, he says that only atheists should exist [insert highly insulting comment about religion here]

Personally, I follow the true path (don't we all say that? Razz )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duck 464
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 834
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 19
Location : where ever I want to be...

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 am

I have no religion...





nothing else to say really...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron-auxacto
Lord of the Posts
Lord of the Posts
avatar

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 26
Location : In a bubble, underneath the ocean - I name it Shirredgi

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:23 am

why do humans want to worship/ be under another higher supreme? Why cant they just be allright with not being below someone, i dont see the sense. If i were to follow someone and be under them it would be me, myself and only me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dmcclan.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Salvanar
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 23
Location : The Maelbolge

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 am

Personally, my reason to want to be under the power of an animal is my love for them.

I would be their companion, their friend, or their servant. But NEVER would I be an animal's master.

Even my 'Pets' are not truly commanded by me. Taldar is my friend, not my little servant, running up and down and performing a trick at my every whim.

At times when Taldar is sad, he can very easily manipulate me into making him feel better.

As is with all of my companions. Our relatonship is built out of respect for one another, not s master and servant. The same goes for me. I worship animal gods and godesses because I feel that I am inferior compared to the wondrous creatures of this world. Yet in my religion my Gods demand nothing of me, they do not send their wrath down upon me. We are friends, companions, and that is always how it shall be.

Humans, however....I can never truly feel the same way about another human. I can make friends with them, but I will never like them in the way I love my animal neighbours. Never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am

Hmm, I don't worship any petty idols or false gods. They don't/won't help noone. Not even their own followers. Besides, I read a part of the bible (Which has been rewritten so many times, noone can ever k'now what is real in that book. Still, it is a top seller I believe) And it said... Actually, scratch that, I don't want to harm anyone's beliefs or anything.
Also, there is no proof that Gods exist exept of word of mouth.(which noone with half a brain would believe) Plus, if there was a God, then why is there all this pain in the world? Also, I would be a heretic. (much like what I am now)

Gods= blowing up
EDIT: No offence or anything. My beliefs are my own and I am entitled to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salvanar
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 23
Location : The Maelbolge

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Indeed you are.

All that you say is true. I just Like Animals being my sueriors, and nothing on earth (least of all humans) could change me. Some of the most powerful arguers tried and failed to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Meh, I have no gain in arguing with people to change their minds, tis pointless. Also I couldnt care less about other peoples beliefs. Neither do I care about other people's trivial problems. Also I believe that religion has created too much trouble.

May Saint Francis bless us- Very Happy j/k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 21
Location : Right Behind you.

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Well,it's similar to my point on destiny;
There are some people who want to believe in destiny,or some other higher power,so their actions aren't their own fault.
There are others who don't like the idea of someone greater controlling them,so shun destiny and so on.
And there are people who turn to things like religion for answers or consoling.When life doesn't work anymore,what shoulder better to cry on than the one who supposedly cares the most?

Me?I don't care.If there is a god he/she/it hates me.

_________________

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://logrp.forumotion.net
Darkonor263
Forretra Mapper
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Bandon V. Lucifer wrote:
Hmm, I don't worship any petty idols or false gods. They don't/won't help noone. Not even their own followers. Besides, I read a part of the bible (Which has been rewritten so many times, noone can ever k'now what is real in that book. Still, it is a top seller I believe) And it said... Actually, scratch that, I don't want to harm anyone's beliefs or anything.
Also, there is no proof that Gods exist exept of word of mouth.(which noone with half a brain would believe) Plus, if there was a God, then why is there all this pain in the world? Also, I would be a heretic. (much like what I am now)

Gods= blowing up
EDIT: No offence or anything. My beliefs are my own and I am entitled to them.

This was not meant to be a debate, just wondering, we should make a thread for a debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Well...
There is no proof for gods existing. Nor is there any against, though.
You can say that there is too much suffering for there to be a god, but that means nothing. It might simply mean there is no god who helps those in pain. God might be evil, which would certainly explain pain, cruelty and suffering in the world. But there is nothing that says that there is NO GOD at all.

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandon V. Lucifer
Kind of a Big Deal
Kind of a Big Deal
avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 22
Location : Depends on the time. Currently, I am at my desk, staring into the computer monitor...

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:11 pm

I know and I am sorry, it is just that I get carried away when it comes to religion. Terribly sorry... well, not really
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkonor263
Forretra Mapper
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:15 pm

ZigZagas wrote:
Well...
There is no proof for gods existing.

The bible...

Bandon V. Lucifer wrote:
I know and I am sorry, it is just that I get carried away when it comes to religion. Terribly sorry... well, not really

Make your own thread... Wink Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZigZagas
Co-Founder
avatar

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : In a castle far, far away where no one can hear you.

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Don't double post like that, dark.
I merged the two.

And the bible isn't proof. It's what people who believed in god wrote down, after it had been passed by word of mouth for several hundred years.
Besides, by that, you could say any book that says god doesn't exist is proof.
There's no proof either way, only what you choose to believe.

_________________


http://my.gpxpl.us/Darkfish
Help team Darkfish! Click my pokemanz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkonor263
Forretra Mapper
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:22 pm

But it is evidence, and how do you know all that? You been livin' in the 1st century? Workin' on a little novel, using some past experience? Nice little story beginning middle end?
j/k suz lulz.

Completely forgot I double posted sorry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 21
Location : Right Behind you.

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 am

Just because someone wrote down "Jesus was born and he was the son of god" doesn't mean it's true.If I write down that it rained money where I lived it doesn't mean it's true either.
Wrods don't mean anything.You can be told as much as you wish,and believe as much as well,but it doesn't mean it's true.

_________________

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://logrp.forumotion.net
ZacofBlades
Not Too Shabby
avatar

Posts : 750
Join date : 2009-11-27
Age : 20
Location : Right behind GM HiHeiwa!

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 am

I have no problems with religion but I myself am not religious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkonor263
Forretra Mapper
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:45 am

GM HiHeiwa wrote:
Just because someone wrote down "Jesus was born and he was the son of god" doesn't mean it's true.If I write down that it rained money where I lived it doesn't mean it's true either.
Wrods don't mean anything.You can be told as much as you wish,and believe as much as well,but it doesn't mean it's true.

If it's trustworthy/ false or not it is still evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Salvanar
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 23
Location : The Maelbolge

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am

Rubbish. Zig is pretty trustworthy, but if he told me that there was a water elemental causing the rain it still wouldn't be evidence for that elemental's existence.

Trustworthy sources mean absolutely nothing. Unless you see the god/goddess appear and tell you he's real, there is no way of getting evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkonor263
Forretra Mapper
avatar

Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

Salvanar wrote:
Trustworthy sources mean absolutely nothing.

What?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM HiHeiwa
Master of Games
avatar

Posts : 537
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 21
Location : Right Behind you.

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Salvanar wrote:
Unless you see the god/goddess appear and tell you he's real, there is no way of getting evidence.

Even that could just be a hallucination,or something fake.

_________________

I'm back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://logrp.forumotion.net
Salvanar
Original Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-09-23
Age : 23
Location : The Maelbolge

PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Darkonor263 wrote:
Salvanar wrote:
Trustworthy sources mean absolutely nothing.

What?

TRUSTWORTHY SOURCES MEAN NOTHING.

Just because you trust them doesn't mean that they are evidence for something's existence.

I Trust Zig. He is a trustworthy source of information. Yet, if he told me that god exists, that's not EVIDENCE, just an Opinion.

Evidence=a sign that it exists.

So if a God appeared in a public hall and announced he was god before giving them £10, 000, that is evidence.

Not me going up to Zig and asking "does god exist?" to have him say "Yes." That's not evidence, that's an opinion.

Rant over. You cannot get evidence just because they are a trustworthy source. Life isn't that simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Are you religious?   

Back to top Go down
 
Are you religious?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Non-Cleric Religious Ranks
» Aero's Descendant -- Dare to Lose?
» Religious Reign

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Land of Grennendia RP :: Off-Topic Zone :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: